RULES OF THE EVENT
STARTING A GAME
· Toss of a coin to start the game, the team who wins takes first possession.
· The other team will gain possession if even at the end of the 10 minute and overtime is required.
· That the game will be 1 continuous period of 10 minutes (games are scheduled in 15 minute time slots).
· First team to 21 points or when time runs out will determine the winner of the game.
· No shot clock will be used.
· Each team may call 1 x 30 second time out but not in the last 2 minutes of the game.
· The clock will not stop.
POSSESSION FOLLOWING A SUCCESSFUL FIELD GOAL
· After a basket the ball will be checked under the basket by the next defending team who will throw the ball without it being able to be touched by the defensive team.
FOUL LIMIT PER PLAYER AND TEAM
· Jump ball possession goes to the defence.
· All fouls, violations (including out of bounds) are checked at the top of the key.
(The defence is passed the ball then the defence passes to the offense to start the play.)
· - Juniors - Individual
fouls aren’t recorded but the team fouls are.
· - Seniors – in the
senior comp once a player has 4 fouls they must leave the game.
· Once a team gets to the 7th, 8th and 9th team foul – the other team is awarded 2 shots for every foul.
· Once a team gets to the 10th and after – the other team is awarded 2 shots and possession (checked at the top of the key).
· The nearest 3 point line to the basket will be used for all games. Note that one (1) point is scored for shots within the arc and two (2) points outside the normal 3 point line.
· If a shooting foul is called, they are awarded 1 free throw (instead of 2).
TECH FOUL AND OTHER MISDEMEANOURS
· If a player or official from a team receive a tech foul they will be unable to play, coach or team manage for the remainder of that game.
· A second technical foul during the event will result in the offender leaving the stadium for the remainder of the event.
· If an offence is more serious than a technical foul would warrant the organisers will request the offender leaves the stadium for the remainder of the event.
· In the event of a game being a draw, the teams will keep playing until a team scores 2 points (first team to 2pts).
POINTS FOR A WIN AND LOSS AND TEAM RANKING
· Team will be awarded 3 points for a win and 1 point for a loss.
· If two teams finish levels on points the ladder positions will be determined by head to head games between the teams and if needed then points difference and if needed than percentage and if needed than a foul shoot out as detailed above.
The organiser’s decision will be final.