The Victorian Government, on advice from the Department of Health, has eased restrictions for Regional Victoria as of Monday, August 9 at 11.59pm.
In line with Victorian Government health directives, associations in Regional Victoria will be able to operate at a capacity level suitable for their stadiums, up to the ORANGE-50 REACTIVATION LEVEL within Basketball Victoria’s Return to Sport Guidelines.
Restrictions subject to the formal release of the Restricted Activity Directions (RADs) which are released at midnight tonight.
At ORANGE-50 reactivation level basketball in Regional Victoria will be able to recommence as of Tuesday 10 August under these restrictions:
- 50 maximum group size – limited to minimum number of people required to participate in and facilitate the activity (i.e. players, coaches, officials, scorers)
- 1 person per 4sqm inside the venue
- Spectators not allowed
- 1 parent / guardian / carer
- COVID Check-In Marshal to be present at all venues to assist with checking in all patrons
- 1 person per 4sqm of the venue
- You MUST wear a mask
- You MUST Check in using the QR Code upon entry
- Please check fixtures as there will be time/court changes to ensure compliance
RETURN TO SPORT REACTIVATION LEVEL
FROM MONDAY AUGUST 9 AT 11.59PM
ALL AGES: ORANGE-50
ALL AGES: RED-0
For more information about current COVIDSafe settings and the vaccination program, please visit www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au.