Following the latest updates from the Victorian Government and the updated ‘Last Step’ of restrictions, Bendigo Basketball is excited to confirm that we are planning to commence our “Paul Gray Builders” junior domestic summer competition from Monday 30th November 2020.
Below are the key section from the updated framework in relation to community sport:
- Indoor physical recreation and community sport, contact or non-contact:
- Large multipurpose sporting facilities (e.g. Melbourne Sports and Aquatics Centre, YMCAs, large basketball stadiums, and large swimming pool complexes):
- Total venue cap of 25 per cent capacity, subject to the density quotient of 1 per 4sqm for each space. No separate patron limit.
- For classes a group limit applies of 20 participants indoors and a group limit of 50 participants outdoors.
- Persons necessary to conduct classes (such as the person running a class) excluded from this limit.
Bendigo Basketball will be in contact with all members no later than Wednesday 25th November with updated player guidelines & round 1 fixtures.
We will be in constant communication with both Local Government and Basketball Victoria to ensure that the return can be as smooth and safe as possible.
This is based on the current Victorian Government guidelines after the next step of easing restrictions is taken. If this situation changes, we will be in contact immediately.
Your domestic clubs should have reached out to you already and we ask that you please register with your club and through PlayHQ as soon as possible.
- We will aim to have fixtures released as soon as possible, but it should be no later than Wednesday 25 November.
Bendigo Basketball will be commencing our senior competition in 2021. Team entries for the competition will open mid-December.
It is attended the senior competition will commence Sunday 31st January 2021 and run for 7/8 weeks with 1v2 playing off in the grand final.
Keep an eye out on our website and Facebook for team entry information.